Friday, January 29, 2010

Angie DeVilder

Church: Monroe Christian Church

Nominated by Lori of Newport
I have slowly crawled out of a meager existence, deeply embedded with drugs and all that come with street life. This has been only possible due to the love of my Lord, and His working through my pastor’s wife. She has so many wonderful qualities. She has also been a great support to me during a tough, but exciting time of transition in my life.
Let me tell you why I appreciate her so much:
Besides being a great mother and wife, which all can see, I treasure that she is a personal friend of mine. She just reaches in and does what needs to be done, and in so doing, quite naturally acts as the hands and feet of Jesus.
Her passion has been to homeschool her children, which she has. But due to recent financial difficulties of our small but powerful congregation, she has had to start working as a lifeguard and swim instructor at a local YMCA. This has been very tough on her, yet she still keeps a smile on her face and a positive outlook on life. Her children now attend a charter school that is strong on moral values. But I know that they have already been truly taught of the Lord by their mom and dad. Angie has instilled in these four children what it means to love and live for the Lord in their daily lives.
Because she is a mother who is very protective of her kids, it means more than anyone could know, that she has also entrusted me with her precious little jewels. I have been so blessed by these kids. I never had the honor and privilege of witnessing a functioning family, never mind one that lived for Jesus. And more than that, I have been welcomed into their lives as friend, babysitter, and even as a spiritual aunt (my pastor says)!
I did of course have to earn this by making my own life changes and being consistent in them, but I know personally that this world system is not even close to being as forgiving and understanding of people like me, as she is. Her love and trust in me has allowed me to grow. In turn, I can now help others in similar need.
Thru all of this I have started understanding firsthand the love and grace of God, and that He truly desires a relationship with me. As a result, I have grown in all areas of my life. I thank the good Lord for faithful servants like Angie DeVilder. I owe so much to her, and her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment